West Virginia Aged and Disabled Waiver Program (Title XIX)
- Federally funded / State operated alternative to long term care facility placement program, designed to assist the elderly and disabled with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, meal preparation, transportation service and light housework.
- Must have a West Virginia Medicaid card after program eligibility is approved.
- Must be 18 years or older and meet medical / financial guidelines set forth by the State.
Personal Care Program
- State funded entitlement program for children and adults, designed to provide short or long term in-home care to the physically disabled / incapacitated or intellectually / developmentally disabled, as an alternative to long term care placement. The program assists with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, grooming, meal preparation and light housework.
- Must have a West Virginia Medicaid card upon application.
- Must meet the medical guidelines with approval from a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant.
Intellectual / Developmental Disability (I/DD) Waiver Program
- Federally funded / State operated program that provides Service Coordination and Habilitation Services to adults and children with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities.
West Virginia Select Program
- In-home care services to assist the aged and/or disabled with activities of daily living for such things as bathing, dressing, grooming, meal preparation, transportation and light housework.
- The program is designed by and managed through the Coordinating Council for Independent Living and provides an alternative to short and/or long-term care facility placement by providing the assistance in the patient’s home.
- Program is traditionally paid for by private pay, family funding, insurance carries, trust funds, etc.
- Patient does not have to be a West Virginia Medicaid recipient.