Coordinating Council for Independent Living
Developmental Disabilities Services Division
The Coordinating Council for Independent Living (CCIL) has been serving West Virginian’s with Developmental Disabilities (DD) since 1980 through a variety of programs designed to assist in developing and maintaining an independent lifestyle. CCIL is committed to providing the highest quality of service to all eligible residents in all counties throughout the state of WV.
Mission & Philosophy
CCIL was organized to serve as a leader in providing services necessary to ensure that persons with disabilities have the opportunity to achieve and maintain their highest level of independent functioning. Supporting this mission is the understanding that all individuals have the right to live as independently as possible and that the services needed to achieve and maintain independence should be available and accessible regardless of age, sex, race, ethnic background, religion, political persuasion, type of disability, financial status, or level of functioning.
Making a Referral
The referral process can begin in person, by written request, or by a simple phone call to any of CCIL’s six offices. Individuals may refer themselves, other family members, or their friends. Any person having responsibility for or care of another individual may make a referral for service.
To receive services, an individual must:
- Be at least 3 years of age
- Be Medicaid eligible or be able to privately pay for services
- Be diagnosed with an eligible diagnosis (Intellectual or Developmental Disability)
- Have assessment based identified needs
Assist individuals in gaining access to needed social, educational, habilitation and medical services such as LPN, therapies, and in some cases, Personal Care services. Services also include positive behavioral support in addition to case management and other types of assistance.
Services may include, and are not limited to:
- Service Planning
- Referral and Linkage
- Advocacy and Benefits Assistance
- Crisis Response Planning
- Service Plan Evaluation
- Personalized Training Programs
- Team Collaboration
CCIL Developmental Disabilities Services are the best choice for you because:
- CCIL assigns you a team of trained professionals who will assist you in identifying services and resources that will meet your needs.
- CCIL professionals carry a small manageable case load which permits time for quality, personal service.
- CCIL provides 24-hour crisis on-call services.
- CCIL professionals will make monthly visits to make sure you have all the services you need and that they are being provided in a quality manner.
- CCIL recognizes the individual through person centered planning rather than offering “one size fits all” services.